Govan Law Centre and Patricia Ferguson MSP, sponsor of the proposed Property Factors (Scotland) Bill, are hosting a major public meeting to address the concerns of customers of Walker Sandford Property Management Ltd.
We hope to have in attendance local MSPs and local elected members from all of the main political parties, representatives of relevant agencies and authorities, and representatives of other Glasgow law firms who have been involved in Walker Sandford litigation on behalf of consumers.
The public meeting will take place at 6.45pm on Monday 16 November 2009 in McLeod Hall, The Pearce Institute, 840-860 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 3UU. McLeod Hall has capacity for 250 people, so please come along.
The aims of the meeting are:
1. To provide free consumer rights knowledge and a 'DIY-kit' on how to challenge the legality of default charges imposed as 'reminder letters' and compound monthly interest applied('charges on the charges'),empower customers to defend court actions where unfair charges have been applied, and seek repayment of unfair charges;
2. To identify cases for a test case strategy;
3. Provide a list of Glasgow law firms (including private legal firms)willing to defend cases raised by Walker Sandford, so the public has a pool of suitable solicitors where required and,
4. Ingather further evidence on the practices of Walker Sandford Property Management Ltd; and
5. Provide a campaign platform for a consensus for change.
Directions to the Public Meeting; Multimap of the Public Meeting location.